This is a super simple (but classy) weekend breakfast that I make for myself almost every Saturday. Trust me, you’ll love it!
I recently learned how to soft boil eggs (ahem – as recent as this morning). The runny yolks are just so perfect and delicious, it makes it feel special. You can top it with chilli flakes or a drizzle of olive oil, or maybe even sprinkle on some of that goat cheese you have hanging around the back of your fridge.
- avocado (half or whole depending on size)
- soft-boiled egg
- chili flakes
- green onions
- salt and pepper
- Bring 1/2 inch of water in a sauce pan to boil, carefully place the egg(s) in the boiling water and set a time for exactly 6.5 minutes.
- Toast the toast.
- Get your avocado and garnishes ready.
- After 6.5 minutes run the egg(s) under cold water to stop the cooking, once cool enough to handle you can peel the shell.
- Assemble toast with avocado, garnishes and your perfect soft-boiled egg.
Let me know how it goes and share with the hashtag #marybethmakes