I’ve got another fun recipe for you. CREPES! Crepes are great because you can have them for any meal and you can change the fillings as you wish. We often make savoury crepes for dinner and fill them with chicken, caramelized onion, bell peppers, green onion, ranch dressing and sharp cheddar. MEGA YUM. The crepes in the picture have plain greek yogurt inside, a super-easy raspberry sauce on top and a sprinkle of icing sugar. ALSO MEGA YUM.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter (plus a little more for the pan)
- splash of vanilla* (only if you’re having sweet crepes and not savoury)
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, whisk together the flour and eggs.
- Gradually add the milk and water, continuing to whisk to combine.
- Add melted butter, salt and vanilla (if using) and continue to whisk until completely smooth. The batter should be very runny and thin.
- Heat a pan with a little butter over medium-high heat, pour or scoop about 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan. Carefully lift and tilt the pan in a circular motion to let the batter coat the bottom in a very thin layer.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. Loosen and flip with a spatula to cook the other side.
- Add more butter to the pan as needed between crepes.
- Serve hot with desired toppings!
Super-easy Raspberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Microwave the raspberries and sugar in a small bowl for 10 seconds at a time, taking them out to stir and macerate between warmings. Heat up as much as you wish, the frozen berries will need a little more time.
So what do you like to serve your crepes with? My husband does peanut butter, banana and maple syrup! Are you #teamsweet or #teamsavoury ? Let me know in the comments below!